Sunday, January 6, 2013

Recent images from the Walden Pond project

This year I am working on a photo book of Walden Pond where Henry David Thoreau went to live for 2 years, 2 months, and 2 days in 1845.  The pond and its environs form a simple landscape, yet one that inspired Thoreau to great, picturesque literature.  I am hoping that over the course of the year I can find it a similar source of inspiration.  Here are a few photos from my recent visit.

 


This image and the one above were taken with the new Nikon 70-200mm f/4 zoom lens.  I will be planning a hands-on review of this lens in a blog entry later this week.

To relate this foreground rock to the background I chose the Sigma 12-24mm zoom and used it set to 18mm focal length on the Nikon D800.
 

Taken with a Leica M9 and 35mm Summilux lens, this image is a composite of two photographs assembled later to form a panoramic landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment